About the Program
Welcome to the Springfield Area Green Leadership Program. This is a recognition program that encourages area businesses, institutions and organizations to integrate environmentally sustainable practices throughout their facilities, operations, culture and products.
The goal of the recognition program is to promote a wide range of sustainable practices, including waste reduction, energy efficiency, water conservation, renewable energy and green purchasing. These practices not only benefit the environment, but are also good for the bottom line.
The Green Leadership Program offers three levels of participation: BRONZE, SILVER and GOLD. Your business or institution may enroll at any recognition level – each with its own prescribed environmental sustainability requirements. You may remain at that level or apply for
higher recognition at any time.
The benefits of becoming a Green Leadership member include:
• Recognition at local awards ceremony
• Listing on an online directory
• Certificates for display at your facility
• Silver Level and Gold Level members receive a window emblem indicating their standing for display and promotional purposes
• Gold Level members will receive additional publicity through press releases and success story articles